Telephone / Fax
0114 263 0033
07713 656 301
Adopt an Alpaca
Where do Alpacas Come from?
All the information to answer the questions are on our website
Would you like to adopt one of our adorable cute alpacas?
You can pick your own alpaca from our herd!
- Get to know your chosen animal
- Visit your alpaca and have some hands-on experience
- Receive invites to farm shows and events
- Watch your Alpaca be shorn
You will also have the opportunity to walk your halter-trained alpaca and receive a photograph and certificate of adoption.
£20 registration + £1 per week upkeep.
A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness.
For further details email Elaine, or you can call in at the farm!
Adoption Terms & Conditions:
- The adopter will be the named individual or individuals stated on the adoption certificate.
- Mayfield Alpacas reserves the right to refuse applications from individuals should it suspect that there would or could be a conflict of interests with the farm.
- We will process your application as soon as possible on receipt of payment.
- Alpaca Adoption packs will be dispatched by first class post unless agreed by the management. There will be an additional charge for all other levels of postage.
- The Alpaca Adoption Pack includes: Adoption Certificate and welcome pack, a photograph of your alpaca, 10% discount in L.J’s coffee shop, free entry to the annual shearing event and biannual E-newsletter.
- Adopters are welcome to visit their chosen alpaca any time during farm opening hours.
- The adoption period is either 6 months or 12 months from the date on the certificate. We will contact you at the end of the adoption period to see if you should like to renew it. You are under no obligation to renew the adoption. It will only be renewed with your express permission.
- It is sometimes necessary for us to replace or sell alpacas on the farm. In the event of your chosen alpaca being replaced or sold we will offer you an alternative alpaca. It will not be possible to refund any fees paid.
- Adoption does not imply ownership.
- A percentage of the money raised through the adoption scheme will be donated to breast cancer.